Tuesday, November 23, 2010

{Patriotic Party Drinks or How To Be a Popular Mom in Your Kid's Class}



My daughter's class learned all about the voting process and how our leaders are elected into office. The class even had a convention party. How cute is that!?! I volunteered to make the drinks. I wanted a drink that was red-white-and-blue and very patriotic.
So here is what I did---
Buy clear plastic drinking cups, and just as you would when making margaritas, wet the edge of the cup with a lemon or lime slice and dip the edge in red sugar crystals. Pour in a blue beverage such as blue Hawaiian Punch. Garnish with a strawberry and American flag toothpick. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy! The kids and the teacher loved these drinks which made me feel like the most popular mom of the day!

Sealed with a Kiss, Kirsten
S.W.A.K.

No comments: